A Sudden Change After Months of Silence
Texas-based YouTuber Michael “Schlep,” known for conducting sting operations to expose predators on Roblox, says the company reached out months after banning him from its platform. The outreach, he argues, highlights long-standing concerns about how Roblox handles child safety and community protection.
Schlep, who launched his channel in 2021 and has amassed more than 2.25 million subscribers, rose to prominence by documenting predator investigations and turning evidence over to law enforcement. In August 2025, Roblox Corporation banned him, citing violations related to entrapment, impersonation, and content simulating child endangerment. A cease-and-desist letter followed, warning of legal action should he continue producing similar content.
The ban sparked intense backlash, including a viral petition calling for the resignation of Roblox’s CEO. As of this writing, the petition has exceeded 294,000 signatures, demonstrating the scale of community concern.
Roblox Opens the Door—But Is It Too Late?
Nearly three months after the ban, Schlep says he received a direct email from Roblox Chief Systems Officer Matt Kaufman. In a 37-minute video posted November 8, he stated that Kaufman acknowledged the ban and asked whether there was “some way we can keep you active in the Roblox community.”
Schlep rejected the proposal, claiming the gesture ignores the core issue.
“It Was Never About Being Unbanned”
According to Schlep, the real problem is the company’s alleged failure to protect young users:
“This was never about me getting unbanned. It was about the victims, the players, the community that has been neglected forever.”
He added that his motivation for exposing predators stemmed from his own experience of being groomed on the platform between 2015 and 2018. The alleged perpetrator, he says, was a Roblox developer with partner status.
Schlep emphasized that the platform’s safety reforms have only begun to materialize following recent litigation.
“I would trade every single account I own for Roblox to make the basic moves in safety that they did after Liz Murrill filed her lawsuit.”
The lawsuit from the Louisiana Attorney General has now been joined by Kentucky, Florida, and Texas, intensifying the pressure on Roblox’s safety protocols and oversight practices.
Why Roblox Banned Schlep
Roblox previously justified the ban by pointing to violations of its Terms of Service. While acknowledging Schlep’s intentions, the company argued that unsanctioned predator stings could interfere with coordinated efforts between Roblox and law enforcement. It also cited potential risks to minors and the possibility that vigilante investigations could encourage harmful or unsafe behavior.
Since the controversy began in mid-August 2025, Roblox stock has dropped by 20 points, suggesting that the company is still grappling with the fallout from its handling of the situation.
A Debate With No Clear Resolution
Roblox’s late outreach raises fundamental questions about its approach to community safety and crisis management. For Schlep, the issue remains unchanged: he believes meaningful reform must take priority over personal reinstatement. For Roblox, the backlash and ongoing legal scrutiny place increased pressure on the company to demonstrate that it can protect its youngest users—before the situation escalates further.

